Now turn left and stand in front of the pulpit.
This is the place from which clergy of the cathedral preach every Sunday, seeking to explain the relevance of the Christian Bible to the world today.
The figure on the front is that of Saint Paul and the script around the top reads: "Go ye into all the world and preach the Gospel."
On the wall behind the pulpit hangs the Coventry Cross, presented to the Cathedral in 1953 by the Provost of Coventry Cathedral in England. It is made of nails taken from the ruins of Old Coventry Cathedral, destroyed in World War II. Similar crosses were presented by Coventry to cathedrals all over the Anglican Communion. This Cross symbolises the work of this Cathedral in the area of reconciliation, as for all members of the Community of the Cross of Nails.