- The present Cathedral building was completed in 1859 and consecrated in 1867.
- Christ Church Cathedral's architects were Frank Wills ( Salisbury, Eng. ) who died before construction began, and Thomas S Scott who was commissioned to carry out Wills' design.
- Steeple Height : 127 feet ( 38 metres )
- Total Height from the ground : 229 feet 8 inches ( 70 meters )
- Length of the Nave : 112 feet ( 34 metres )
- Total Length of the buiding : 203 feet ( 62 metres )
- Total Width : 109 feet ( 33 metres )
The Arms of Christ Church Cathedral were granted to it in 1989, though its motto ...
" Christus Vera Vitis " (Christ the true Vine)
... goes right back to the beginning of the parish. The motto and the design of the Arms, based on the words of Jesus in St John's Gospel, signify that the present day church is part of an historical community which is rooted in Christ through the Eucharist.
- The Cathedral was "raised up" during the construction in the late 1980's.
- The Fulford Monument on the "south" lawn is the old steeple
Trivia - newspaper clippings
Montreal fanfare salutes Astronaut Julie Payette (from The Montreal Gazette? May 27, 1999)